Join JFI Radio and other members around the world celebrating World Radio Day 2024!
What is World radio day?
World Radio Day is a UNESCO International Day celebrated on 13 February every year since it was adopted in 2011.
World Radio Day is an opportunity to celebrate radio as a medium. It is a chance to promote international cooperation between radio broadcasters, to encourage major networks and local radio stations to foster access to information and freedom of expression.
World Radio Day has a number of objectives, namely: to raise awareness among the general public and the media about the value of public service audio; to encourage decision makers to promote free, independent, pluralistic radio and to strengthen networking and international cooperation between broadcasters.
What's happening this year?
The theme this year for World Radio Day is
Radio: A century informing, entertaining and educating.
Three services that radio provides are informing, entertaining, and educating. Radio is a great educator covering all from basic education to a wide range of academic disciplines, reaching people in many diverse geographical areas.
JFI Radio focuses on educating managers, leaders and HR professionals about training, learning, development, organisational learning, and quality improvement leading to business excellence.
How is JFI Radio celebrating WRD?
To mark the occasion on 13 February 2024 JFI Radio will be broadcasting a series of short LIVE episodes throughout the day so that as many people around the world can listen at a time to suit them.
- Season 13, Ep 1 World Radio Day 7am ~ Radio and entertainment : The theatre of the mind
- Season 13, Ep 2 World Radio Day 10am ~ Radio and information : Trust in business
- Season 13, Ep 3 World Radio Day 1pm ~ Radio and education (1) : Trust in the workplace
- Season 13, Ep 4 World Radio Day 4pm ~ Radio and education (2) : The value of effective communication
- Season 13, Ep 5 World Radio Day 7pm ~ Radio and education (3) : OER and the changing learning content landscape
- Season 13, Ep 6 World Radio Day 10pm ~ Radio and [future] information : “It’s work Jim, but not as we know it”
To find out more about how to use these podcasts in training and/or educational settings please email Józefa Fawcett at firstname.lastname@example.org
CC BY-SA 4.0
This license requires that reusers give credit to the creator. It allows reusers to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the material in any medium or format, even for commercial purposes. If others remix, adapt, or build upon the material, they must license the modified material under identical terms.
- BY: Credit must be given to the creator.
- SA: Adaptations must be shared under the same terms.